Monday 9 November 2009

Recycling or re-houseing or re-sitting?


Hello again,

I am currently in the process of re-fitting my kitchen, you know the whole thing; sub floor, floor, cabinets, tiling etc.

Part of the process included buying and installing a 1000mm wide cooker hood which arrived in a huge box. Having installed it we were left with surprisingly little packaging; a big box and some polystyrene.

What do you do with this sort of packaging? Firstly, the big cardboard box has been turned into an indoor playhouse for my daughters with opening doors, windows and a chimney and after some thought, I adapted the polystyrene into the world's lightest chair. Eventually the cardboard will end up on my compost heap but I don't know what I can do with the polystyrene - any suggestions would be welcome.

Like I said, it is recycling at its best or should I say re-housing & re-sitting

Until next time...

No comments: