Tuesday 27 October 2009

Pumkins and badgers


Hello again,

It's that time of year again! Yes, it's almost Halloween (which, incidentally, is also my birthday) so it must be Pumpkin time.

Last weekend, we ie. me plus daughters, Daisy (8) and Dolly (6), have carved five Pumpkins. The girls made two each and I made one (in the close up).

They are now gathered around Brian (my stuffed badger) on the doorstep of the house, supposedly warding off evil spirits that might wander past and try and gain access to the house.

Incidentally, the carving of vegetables at this time of year was originally intended to welcome friendly spirits and the souls of deceased loved ones.

I hoping to get the prize for most demonic Pumpkin in Suburbia if there ever was such a prize.

What do you think of my effort? Comments below please.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Darren said...

Very artistic Simon, I'm Impressed.
I might have a go myself. Poor Brian the badger must be terrified although having seen Brian in the flesh maybe the pumpkins are terrified of him. One thing for sure is i don't think there will be any evil spirits passing your doorstep this halloween.